Primary Care Outreach
Primary Care Outreach is an evidence-based approach that is effective in expanding access to programs and services for those most adversely affected by the social determinants of health. The SCFHT Primary Care Outreach program offers primary care services through outreach in various community settings for difficult to reach populations, and those who have barriers in accessing these services through formal channels. Primary Care Outreach is a method to help ensure equitable access to those facing barriers in accessing primary care programs and services.
Our Outreach Team provides the following services:
- Wound care;
- Cancer screening;
- Treatment plans;
- Mental health care;
- Musculoskeletal injuries;
- Testing and treatment for blood borne infections;
- Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections;
- Wellness checks for difficult to reach patients who require follow-up care;
- System navigation (e.g., access to cultural care, referrals to the criminal justice system).
The following services are NOT provided, and are referred to the Lake of the Woods District Hospital RAAM Clinic (Rapid Access Addiction Medicine), Morningstar Centre (Withdrawal Management Clinic), or Canadian Addiction Treatment Centre:
- Rapid access to addictions medicine;
- Safer supply of narcotics;
- Alcohol addictions treatment plans.
For more information on our Primary Care Outreach Program, call us at (807) 468-6321.
Our Outreach Team:
- Becky Shorrock, RN
- Jennifer Carlson, RN