Please note: Occupational Therapy services at the SCFHT are currently on hold (resuming Summer 2023).
Occupational Therapy (OT) focuses on promoting and maintaining a person’s function and independence. Occupational Therapists work with you to help create goals and problem solve barriers that may be preventing you from participating in your chosen and meaningful self-care, productivity, and leisure activities.
OT services at the Sunset Country Family Health Team can provide support in many ways such as:
- Home environment safety assessments (within pre-determined boundary);
- Daily living skills assessments and recommendations;
- Fall prevention and management;
- Mobility aids/adaptive equipment assessments and support;
- Chronic disease and pain management;
- Sensory processing;
- Cognitive assessments and interventions;
- Return to work and ergonomic assessments.
For more information about Occupational Therapy services, please contact the SCFHT at (807) 468-6321.
Our Occupational Therapist:
- Brittan Amell, OT Reg. (Ont.)