Occupational Therapy (OT) focuses on promoting and maintaining a person’s function and independence. Occupational Therapists work with you to help create goals and problem solve barriers that may be preventing you from participating in your chosen and meaningful self-care, productivity, and leisure activities.
OT services at the Family Health Team can provide support in many ways such as:
- Home environment safety assessments (within pre-determined boundary)
- Daily living skills assessments and recommendations
- Fall prevention and management
- Mobility aids/adaptive equipment assessments and support
- Chronic disease and pain management
- Sensory processing
- Cognitive assessments and interventions
- Return to work and ergonomic assessments
For more information about Occupational Therapy services, please contact the SCFHT at 468-6321.
Brittan Amell, OT Reg. (Ont.)