February 24, 2021 Update:
The COVID-19 vaccine will be offered in the Northwestern region according to the Ministry of Health’s 3-phase plan which identifies priority populations.
There will be a limited supply of vaccines at first, so people who are more vulnerable or at higher risk of infection and serious illness will be prioritized in the rollout of the early phases of Ontario’s COVID-19 vaccine program. As new vaccines are approved for use in Canada, they will be more widely available in Ontario. To learn more about when vaccines will be available and who will be able to get a vaccine please visit: covid-19.ontario.ca.
Please check out the following resources for information on the vaccines:
- Questions and Answers regarding the COVID-19 Vaccine – SCFHT – January 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Plan – January 13, 2021 from the NWHU
- Ministry of Health: What you need to know before your COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment
- Ministry of Health: COVID-19 Vaccine Safety
- Government of Canada: Overview of COVID-19 Vaccines
- Government of Canada: COVID-19 Vaccines – Video
- Ontario’s 3-Phase Distribution Plan
For up to date information on COVID-19 in the Northwestern Ontario region, visit the Northwestern Health Unit website.
We will be posting more information about the local vaccination roll-out as it becomes available.
Take the COVID-19 Self-Assessment from the Ontario Ministry of Health: COVID-19 Self Assessment
News related to COVID-19 from the SCFHT and Partners:
- The SCFHT has issued a mandatory mask policy: COVID-006 – Mandatory Mask Policy (Revised December 2020). Please wear a mask to your appointment.
- Sunset Country Family Health Team In-Person Appointment Requirements – June 11, 2020
- Sunset Country Family Health Team COVID-19 Update – April 15, 2020
- All Nations Health Partners COVID-19 Assessment Centre Expands Service – April 9, 2020
- Sunset Country Family Health Team and Kenora Medical Associates Public Announcement – March 16, 2020
- Kenora Medical Associates Media Release – March 20, 2020
- Waasegiizhig Nanaandawe’iyewigamig (WNHAC) Patient Information – March 19, 2020
- Lake of the Woods District Hospital Media Release – March 17, 2020
- City of Kenora – City Taking Steps to Mitigate Risks of COVID-19
- COVID-19 and Breastfeeding
- Health Force Ontario – Recruiting Health Care Providers for the COVID-19 Pandemic
- The Ontario Caregivers Organization – Caregiver Support Group: Supporting Caregivers through Social Isolation
- “My COVID-19 Story – A social-story on how to talk to children about COVID-19” – from Cree Health
- Ottawa Public Health – How to prepare for a pandemic situation
- Diabetes Canada – COVID-19 and Diabetes
- World Health Organization – COVID-19
- Government of Canada – COVID-19