Diabetes Management Program
The Diabetes Management Program is part of a multidisciplinary team approach with the patient at the centre. Our Diabetes Management Team provides treatment, education and day-to-day lifestyle management skills for both the individual living with diabetes, and their family support members, striving to improve quality of life.
Based on the latest research and Canadian Diabetes Recommendations and Guidelines, all types of diabetes across the lifetime spectrum (pediatric to geriatric) are provided with individual tools necessary to self-manage their chronic disease.
Services offered include:
- Individualized education, targets, and treatment involving a variety of aspects of diabetes including: nutrition, weight management, foot care, medications (including insulin starts), mental health, blood glucose monitoring, exercise, and more.
- Referrals for preventative health care such as eye care, dental care, and more.
- Diabetes community screening events at our partner clinics;
- Diabetes prevention and awareness education sessions at various locations in our community;
- Education and collaboration with and for other healthcare professionals;
- Bariatric support groups.
This program is open to all individuals with a diabetes diagnosis. Book an appointment online, or call us at (807) 468-6321.
Our Diabetes Care Team:
- Carolyn Hamlyn, RN – Diabetes Nurse Educator
- Cindy Van Belleghem, RD, BHEc – Registered Dietitian and Diabetes Educator