The Sunset Country Family Health Team has a certified lactation consultant on staff to assist new moms with breastfeeding. Breastfeeding is the healthiest source of nutrition for babies and one of the best things you can do for your child. Breastfeeding also helps to boost your child’s immunity, reduce their risk of disease later in life, reduce your risk of ovarian and breast cancer, and lowers your baby’s chance of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
We understand that breastfeeding may present itself as a challenge, especially early on, but there are things we can do to help increase your abilities and confidence.
You can benefit from our program if:
- Your baby is having trouble latching
- You are experiencing pain during or after feeding
- You have dry, cracked, or sore nipples
- Your baby is not gaining weight
- Your baby seems unusually fussy
- Your baby is feeding for longer than an hour or shorter than 10 minutes and is not satisfied
- Your baby is not wetting 6 or more diapers every 24 hours and/or having daily yellow bowel movements
We urge mothers having any issues, or with any questions or concerns, to call us right away at (807) 468-6321.
Colleen Snyder, RN IBLCE
Great Resources for Expectant and Post-Partum Mothers: