Here at Sunset Country Family Health Team we have a team of registered staff trained to help patients manage their anticoagulation medication (Warfarin/Coumadin).
Warfarin is an oral anticoagulant that comes in tablets that are taken by mouth. It prevents your blood from clotting in your blood vessels and stops existing clots from getting larger. The amount of Warfarin that a person needs is based on a blood test called the INR (International Normalized Ratio) which is tested using a CoaguChek machine.
Patients in the INR program are urged to contact SCFHT if they have
- Any upcoming surgeries or procedures
- Are taking any new medications
- Serious fall or head injury
- Signs of bleeding (vomiting blood, large bruises)
- Any changes in diet or weight
Our INR Care Team
- Colleen Snyder, RN IBCLC
- Brandi Milko, RN
- Stacey Greer, RN
- Carolyn Hamlyn, RN
- June Dearborn, BScPharm RPh CRE