Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disease of the airway that causes the following symptoms: shortness of breath; chest tightness; coughing; wheezing. Asthma has no set patterns and symptoms can range from mild to severe. The cause of asthma is not known and currently there is no cure. Treatment, education and day-to-day management lifestyle skills are provided for the individual living with asthma. We are also able to diagnosis Asthma if present with a spirometry test.
We urge you to call us at 468-6321 if you are someone with a confirmed diagnosis of asthma and/or are someone who answers YES to one or more of the following:
- Do you cough, wheeze, or have a tight chest?
- Does coughing, wheezing, or chest tightness wake you at night?
- Do you stop exercising because of your breathing?
- Do you ever miss work or school because of your breathing?
- Colleen Snyder, RN IBCLC
- June Dearborn, BScPharm RPh CRE