Social Work is a profession that focuses upon improving the health & social well being of individuals, families, groups & communities. Social Workers help people resolve problems that affect their day-to-day lives.
People see social workers when they are going through a difficult period in their personal, family and/or work life.
At the Sunset Country Family Health Team the Social Worker helps patients:
- To identify & understand the source of stress or difficulty
- To develop coping skills & find effective solutions to their problems
- To navigate the system & help find needed resources in the community
- By conducting cognitive screening
- By providing short-term counselling & support
Patients can be referred to the social work program by any member of the clinical team or by self-referral.
For more information about social work services please call the Sunset Country Family Health Team at 1-807-468-6321.