Family Health Team Walking Group
May 31 @ 12:00 pm - November 29 @ 12:00 pmFree
Every the Thursday, members of the Sunset Country Family Health Team will meet at Kenora’s Husky the Muskie to host the Family Health Team Walking Group. Get out on your lunch hour and stretch your legs! Free pedometers will also be given to check your progress.
Our walk will take place from 12pm – 1pm.
Walking is a low impact, safe way to exercise. For as little as 30 minutes a day, walking can have the following health benefits:
• Improve blood pressure levels
• Improve blood sugar levels
• Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
• Maintain body weight and lower the risk of obesity
• Enhance mental well-being
• Improve blood lipid profile
• Reduce the risk of osteoporosis
• Reduce the risk of breast and colon cancer
• Reduce the risk of Type 2 diabetes
All are welcome to join. Hope to see you there!